Friday 15 February 2013

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Review

I was originally going to be writing about how I have too many black pencil eyeliners and they don't do A DAMN THING DIFFERENT and then guess what? I went to get them out of my make-up bag and I've misplaced them all. What is the irony of that, hey life? 

So I only had three black pencil eyeliners left. And one of them was my Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil. I hadn't used it for a while so I swatched it and suddenly remembered it's pretty damn good. Then I remembered that I got it as a gift in a set last year with three others! (Technically four, a green, but my sister took that one.)
(I know, I need to hoover! I'm a student with a deep-rooted fear of my feet being sucked up by the hoover - not my fault.)
 So this week I've been trying all four of them out again, seeing how they work on my annoyingly oily eyes. They. are. amazing. They glide on in a perfect line without much effort on your own part, sitting stubbornly on your waterline or lower lashline and blending beautifully on your top lid. They're incredibly waterproof from my tests, and need a good amount of eye make-up remover to get rid of every last trace.

Admittedly, I've not got much use for the pink and purple ones (Woodstock and Ransom, respectively) but if put onto the top lid they blend really well into a dramatic eye for a night out. 
The blue (Radium) has a lovely turquoise hue that shimmer beautifully in the light. 
And the black (Perversion) has fast become a daily-face staple. I love simple black eyeliner on your waterline for a day-to-day look but I am used to putting it on in the morning and having to do it again in just over an hour. The staying power on this one is wonderful. I can't praise it enough.

The set I bought is available to purchase here for £19.99, or they are available individually from most Urban Decay stockists at £13.00-£14.00.

1 comment:

  1. I love these eye liners! The brighter coloured ones make great bases for eye shadows - although I'm with you, the pink one is hard to use!

    ReplyDelete