Wednesday 31 December 2014

2014: Finding Myself

2014 has been a weird year. An excellent year, but most definitely a strange one. I've had five different jobs, two of which I balanced for five months. I moved city once and house twice - one of which was a move to my own little dream flat. I had a lot of changes and not too many constants. I entered 2014 unwell, insecure, unhappy and with no idea who I wanted to be - and without being too mushy, in 2014 I found myself.

Yes, I know how cliché that sounds, but I did. I've become happy in my own skin. I rediscovered a love for reading and writing that  I wasn't sure was ever going to surface again. I learnt that it is okay to like what you like - and I like YA Fiction and Taylor Swift and Unicorns. I learnt that no is a complete sentence. I learnt what it is to speak and read and write (badly) in two languages. I learnt that if I wanted to see thirty without a whole host of problems than I needed to start taking my health seriously. Mostly, I learnt to participate in life rather than just cruise alongside it. 

I learnt that anyone who did not accept me for all that I am and all that I learnt isn't worth having around at all.

2014, thank you for all you gave to me. 2015, here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment