Friday 22 March 2013

Being Creative

Until recently, I would never have said I was artistic. I cannot draw, paint or any of the traditional arts. But since 2010 when I discovered Tumblr, that changed. I downloaded GIMP to make a tiny Dumbledore gif one day and discovered that the clickedyclick of a mouse made me an artist. I became obsessed with typography, creating my own and sharing it tumblr - screaming a little with every like and reblog it got. Even now, three years later when I hardly use Tumblr anymore, the adoration for digital art hasn't weaned.
The other night when working on a super secret project (which I will blog about in one month I swear) I used my love of digital art to create a physical project. A notecard. Stacks of notecards in fact. 

For decorating your desk, or sending a quick memo - I love them! I've got a massive stack of thirty on my desk each featuring different quotes. They brighten up my piles of dissertation books better than boring old post it notes. 

Anyway, I'm now selling them :) At the moment I have ones avaliable on my etsy shop that feature quotes from The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Harry Potter, The Lizzie Bennet Diaries and The Fault in Our Stars.

More are to be added over the next couple of days. They are £4.00 for a stack of Twelve!
The link to my etsy shop is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment