Friday 24 January 2014

Getting Organised

The thing about having a lot of free time is that you get used to have a lot of free time. Before you know it, you've wasted the time that you do have and you're out of all that free time. Are you following?

I found that I wasn't quite feeling accomplished enough at the end of a day, and so I began a quest to get more organised!

First of all, I set myself a little timetable. This might seem extremely anal to many people but I'm working on quite a few things at the moment and always find that I favour one project over another. It also helps me organise my thoughts in relation to job searching... which can get very demanding. I obviously won't stick to living my days by a timetable forever, and if they're others things I want/have to do instead I do them, but this works for me right now.

Secondly, tidy desk = tidy mind! I'm lucky to have quite a large desk, but that does mean that I tend to pile it with crap. I'm making the most of OTHER storage solutions in my room, and using an in-tray for all important paperwork.


I keep a to-do list on the app Remember The Milk which thankfully syncs to both my iPad and iPhone. This helps me keep what I want to do in the front of my mind. I'm also using my diary to write everything in - both my iCal and my pretty Paperchase one!

Let me know your best tips for being organised in the comments!

Follow me on: 

No comments:

Post a Comment