Monday 29 October 2012

Oily eye guide to eye make up.

Probably the most frustrating thing about my skin (when it comes to make up) is the fact I have super oily eyes. I have to spend a considerable amount of time on my eye make up just to make it look presentable, and within an hour or so it will usually have started to disappear and smudge around my eyes.

However, I think I may have finally found a routine that works for me.

never forget to use your primer. I use the much raved about Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. I have in fact got this pack with the duo primer's but I wasn't very impressed with the one with the shimmer, which I felt was too much for me, but that was personal preference. It looked really pretty on my sister.

A habit for any eyeshadow primers is also to only put it on your lids, but if you have a teeny amount left on your finger you should try to smooth it along your lower lash line. I often use my little finger or a cotton bud. 

I then always use a base colour, even under what I want to be the "base colour" for the particular look i'm wearing. I feel that, for me, my eyeshadow just won't stay on if it doesn't have something to cling to, the primer isn't always enough. My go to for this is always Bourjois Paris ombre a paupieres eyeshadow in 08 Beige Rose. I think this may have been discontinued now but there are some very similar colours out there. It is only slightly darker than my skin tone so creates a fantastic base and I use it every single time unless I'm planning on only other using very dark colours..

From there, I usually blend other colours in.

If you're using eyeliner, always use it on both your waterline and a little on your lower lash line. It can be an easy habit to just putting it on your waterline as it doesn't overpower your eyes but it won't stay, especially with oily eyes. Hopefully with that little bit of primer you put under your lower lash line the look will stay and your eyes will look lovely all night long, not running down your face.

Finally, don't be afraid to use a couple of mascaras. I'm currently using my Yves Rocker Sexy Pulp mascara sample that I got in an old glossybox (until bursary day when I can afford to buy something else) on my top lashes. It has a fairly thick brush and formula that looks really good on my top lashes. Unfortunately, I am not blessed with many bottom lashes and it would completely drown those lashes and go everywhere. For my lower lashes I use Avon's super magnify mascara because it has a teeny slim brush that means I can coat my lashes lightly without them looking like spider legs. I was very confused when talking to a friend who said that using two different mascara's was taboo - really?

What are your holy grail eye products?

Just a note to say: I'm aware I haven't updated in a while. I managed to get quite badly injured, got sick and stressed with uni work because of these things. Back on form now though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment