Tuesday 30 October 2012

That time of the year again

I'm not going to lie to you, the last few days of October always fill me with fear. 
It's NaNoWriMo time.

Now, if you don't know what NaNoWriMo is... you probably don't watch enough YouTube. It's a self challenge to write a 50,000 word novel in one month. It's not as crazy as it seems... I promise! Even if you don't like creative writing, I'd say give it a shot. If you're in University, college, school it teaches you some impressive skills for any kind of writing or thinking. It teaches you to be daring, to trust in your inital instincts and to get your thoughts all out of your head without hesitation. Valuable life lessons.

However, I kind of feel like I'm being a bit suicidal taking on NaNo yet again (this will be my fourth year, just sayin') as I have the first part of my dissertation due in November and a few essays due in December too... but when else do you force yourself to sit down and write 50,000 words in one month?

I'm being realistic with myself and making my target 25,000. If I go over, then I go over. If I fail, then I fail. All I ever want to do is write. It's been that way since I COULD write. My mind is filled with these stories and plots and lands and people and unless I get them down, I won't be able to do any work in November anyway. 

But NaNoWriMo jitters are healthy. Going crazy in November is for all the write (get it) reasons. Being an author is my over-arching dream in life - and I'm probably going to have to go all the way to crazy and back getting there.  What's one month of it all?


watch me hate myself for this post by November the 5th.

No comments:

Post a Comment